If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Place the pear, sugar, sultanas (optional), eggs, passionfruit juice, lemon juice, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon until well combined.
2. Add the flour and water alternately to the pear mixture until a wet firm batter, rather than soft, is formed. Fill a medium sized saucepan with enough oil to cover the donuts – approximately 6 cm deep – and heat.
3. Once hot, test the oil to ensure it is hot by gently dropping in a spoonful of the dough. If the dough sizzles, then the oil is ready.
4. Scoop dessertspoons of the dough and gently drop them in the oil. Turn the doughnuts with a slotted spoon when golden brown. This takes approximately 5-6 minutes.
5. Remove with the slotted spoon once cooked, drain on paper towel and set aside to cool.
Isabella and Sofia’s book, A little bit of this, A little bit of that, is available from Penguin.