If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook rice in a small pot until slightly undercooked (don’t cook it too much, as it will continue to soften in the oven).
2. In a pan, heat a splash of olive oil, add chopped onion and garlic and sauté until clear. Add salt, pepper and spices until fragrant.
3. Add onions, carrots, parsley, ground flaxseeds, olive oil and beans to a deep dish and blend until smooth.
4. Add brown rice and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water. If it’s too wet, add more ground flaxseeds; the mixture should be malleable.
5. Lightly grease a baking tray or baking paper with olive oil or spray. Using a spoon, form mixture into 6 balls and space evenly on the tray. Press with a spatula to flatten.
6. Cook until golden and slightly crunchy (about 20 minutes). Transfer to a cooling tray and serve warm.
- Break and serve with hummus, lettuce, tomato and avocado in a wrap.
- Stack with rocket, sun dried tomatoes and avocado in a sandwich.
- Cut into quarters and serve on top of a salad.
Visit Natascha’s blog, cleancookingrecipes.com