Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing
This scrumptious cupcake recipe by children's cookbook author Emily Rose Brott is sure to be a hit.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (335°F) fan-forced.
2. Beat eggs, oil and honey together. Slice vanilla bean lengthways and, using a knife, scrape out seeds and add to mixture. Use the back of a spoon to rub the vanilla bean seeds against the side of the bowl to allow the seeds to dissolve evenly into the mixture. Mix in the flour and milk.
3. Line a cupcake tin with patty cases and fill each case until ¾ full with mixture.
4. Bake for 18 minutes.
5. Leave the cupcakes in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
6. To prepare the icing, melt the chocolate, add honey and mix until smooth. Spoon icing over the cupcakes.
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more