Tuna tataki with bonito soy dressing recipe
Savour the delicious flavours of this tuna delicacy, courtesy of Huxtable's Daniel Wilson.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Cut the tuna into 3 long equal sized pieces. Rub with a little oil and salt and pepper.
2. Heat a nonstick pan over a high heat and add the tuna logs one at a time and cook for 10 seconds on all sides, except the ends.
3. Immediately place on a try and return to the fridge.
4. Once cool, wrap tightly with plastic wrap to form a nice round shape and refrigerate.
1. Mix all of the ingredients together.
1. Slice the tuna into 3 mm thick slices and arrange nicely on a plate.
2. Using a spoon, drizzle the dressing over the tuna.
3. Top with bonito shavings and then the daikon cress.
4. Serve with an aromatic white or chilled dry sake.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more