Tuna tataki with bonito soy dressing recipe
Savour the delicious flavours of this tuna delicacy, courtesy of Huxtable's Daniel Wilson.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Cut the tuna into 3 long equal sized pieces. Rub with a little oil and salt and pepper.
2. Heat a nonstick pan over a high heat and add the tuna logs one at a time and cook for 10 seconds on all sides, except the ends.
3. Immediately place on a try and return to the fridge.
4. Once cool, wrap tightly with plastic wrap to form a nice round shape and refrigerate.
1. Mix all of the ingredients together.
1. Slice the tuna into 3 mm thick slices and arrange nicely on a plate.
2. Using a spoon, drizzle the dressing over the tuna.
3. Top with bonito shavings and then the daikon cress.
4. Serve with an aromatic white or chilled dry sake.
Here's how to eat home made meals every nightRead more
Even the fussiest eaters will love these recipes.Read more