Grilled snapper, charred corn, almond and buckwheat tabouli recipe
Fresh, seasonal and always tasty. This tabouli also pairs well with chicken, lamb or steak.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the soaked buckwheat and let it cook for 3 minutes. Drain and let cool.
2. Boil the corn for 10 minutes then place onto a BBQ or grill pan and cook, turning to chargrill the corn. Cut the corn kernels form the cob. Place in a bowl with the buckwheat.
3. Preheat an oven to 150°C and roast the almonds for 8 minutes. Cool and roughly chop with a sharp knife.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or quarters depending on the size.
5. Add these, along with the prepared herbs to the rest of the ingredients and dress with the olive oil and lemon juice. Gently mix and taste, adjusting the seasoning as you go.
6. Preheat a BBQ flat plate or non-stick fry pan. Season the snapper fillets with salt and pepper.
7. Add a splash of oil to the plate or pan. Add the fish skin side down and gently press down with a spatula.
8. Cook over a high heat for 30 seconds, then turn down to medium and continue cooking for a further 1 minute. Flip the fish over and turn the heat off. Cook for a further 1 minute. At this point check for the fish’s doneness – it should be just beginning to turn opaque and flake.
9. Serve the snapper over the tabouli with lemon for serving.