Fresh, fragrant and juicy, these rice paper rolls make for a delicious starter or light meal.
60g dried rice vermicelli
8 16cm round rice paper wrappers
8 medium butter lettuce leaves, washed
8 large cooked king prawns, peeled, de-veined and sliced in half lengthways
24 fresh mint leaves
1 small firm sweet persimmon, julienned
1 small Lebanese cucumber, julienned
24 fresh coriander leaves
1 tablespoon Japanese rice vinegar
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Prepare rice vermicelli as per packet instructions, drain well.
2. Combine all ingredients for the dipping sauce.
3. Place one rice sheet in warm water until just softened, remove and place on a clean, damp tea towel.
4. Lay a lettuce leaf over the wrapper, top with two pieces of prawn horizontally, three mint leaves, a little persimmon, cucumber, rice vermicelli and three coriander leaves.
5. Fold bottom of wrapper up over the filling, fold one side in and then roll up tightly. Repeat until all rice sheets are used and keep rolls under damp cloth while preparing each.
6. Serve with dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Persimmons.