Prawns with cannellini beans and rocket pesto
Bright and zesty with succulent prawns and fragrant pesto, this simple dish is full of fresh flavour
Prep time: 10
Total time: 20
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Place all pesto ingredients in a blender and season with pepper. Blend until mixture is a thick puree. Add 1–2 tablespoons of water to loosen and pulse for a few seconds. Put pesto into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes until golden in colour. Add zucchini and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring gently.
3. Add cannellini beans and vegetable stock and simmer for 5 minutes until warm. Mash one-quarter of the cooked beans roughly into the broth to thicken. Remove from heat and season to taste with pepper and salt.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in separate frying pan over medium heat. Season shrimp and add to frying pan, cooking for 2–3 minutes until they have changed colour and are cooked through.
5. Remove pesto from fridge and fold into bean mixture. Spoon onto plates and top with shrimp, lemon zest, parsley, extra oil and chilli flakes.
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more