Tuna tataki with bonito soy dressing recipe
Savour the delicious flavours of this tuna delicacy, courtesy of Huxtable's Daniel Wilson.
400 g sashimi grade tuna loin
1 punnet daikon cress, snipped
¼ cup good quality shaved bonito
100 ml bonito flavoured soy sauce
1 tsp wasabi powder
1 tsp yuzu kosho paste
2 shallots, finely diced
1 finger lime, just the inside bits
1. Cut the tuna into 3 long equal sized pieces. Rub with a little oil and salt and pepper.
2. Heat a nonstick pan over a high heat and add the tuna logs one at a time and cook for 10 seconds on all sides, except the ends.
3. Immediately place on a try and return to the fridge.
4. Once cool, wrap tightly with plastic wrap to form a nice round shape and refrigerate.
1. Mix all of the ingredients together.
1. Slice the tuna into 3 mm thick slices and arrange nicely on a plate.
2. Using a spoon, drizzle the dressing over the tuna.
3. Top with bonito shavings and then the daikon cress.
4. Serve with an aromatic white or chilled dry sake.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Melbourne. Find out more at tasteofmelbourne.com.au