How can we help?
Our emergency assistance team provide the following services to all policy holders:
Assistance in accessing medical treatment and care
- Our team of doctors, nurses and case managers will help you find appropriate medical facilities and then monitor your care.
Payment of bills
- Falling ill overseas can be expensive, but we can pay larger bills directly to the hospital*.
Bringing you home
- Our team can help coordinate your return home, including deciding when it's medically appropriate for you to travel.
Assistance when passports, travel documents or credit cards are lost
- We can contact issuers on your behalf and help you find the nearest Australian Embassy.
Help to change travel plans as a result of an emergency
- If your travel agent is not available to assist with rescheduling, our team can do it for you.
Emergency Assistance Numbers
New Zealand 0800 284 346
UK: 0800 096 8821
USA: 1 855 802 3392
Canada: 1 855 802 3392
When you call, please have the following information ready:
- your policy number
- a phone number for us to call you back on
Charges may apply if calling from a pay or mobile phone. From all other countries, or if you're experiencing difficulties with one of the numbers above, call +612 8907 5672 or fax +612 9954 6250.
* - Subject to approval
Limits, exclusions and conditions apply. This is general advice only. Medibank Private Limited, ABN 47 080 890 259, an Authorised Representative, AR 286089, of Travel Insurance Partners Pty Limited, ABN 73 144 049 230 AFSL 360138 issues the insurance on behalf of the insurer. The issuer is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507). Please review your own needs and consider the Combined FSG/PDS available from Medibank stores or medibank.com.au/travel to decide if this product is right for you.