1 tablespoon olive oil
4 lamb shanks
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
4 carrots, sliced
4 celery sticks, sliced
375 g McKenzie’s soup mix
5 cups beef stock
4 cups water
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
McKenzie’s Sea Salt grinder, to taste
McKenzie’s Whole Black Peppercorns grinder, to taste
1. Heat oil in large heavy based saucepan. Cook lamb shanks until well browned on all sides. Transfer to a large plate. Leave remaining oil in pan.
2. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery to pan. Cook, stirring often, until onion is just tender.
3. Add soup mix. Pour in stock and water. Bring to the boil.
4. Return shanks to the pan and immerse in liquid. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, partially covered for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until shanks are very tender. Add more water if required.
5. Season to taste with McKenzies sea salt and pepper grinders. Garnish with parsley to serve.
For more recipe ideas and ingredients inspiration, head to mckenziesfoods.com.au