What to do
For the base
1. Add almonds, desiccated coconut and dates to the food processor and pulse into a fine grain.
2. Lightly grease an 8-inch pan or baking dish with coconut oil.
3. Press the mixture into the pan until it is well compacted and even. Refrigerate to set.
For the topping
4. Rinse and drain the soaked cashews using filtered water.
5. Combine cashews, lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil, coconut nectar and coconut milk in the blender. Blend well until the mixture is creamy; scrape down the sides as required.
Putting it together
6. Pour the creamy mixture onto the base, spread evenly and sprinkle with lime zest.
7. Store in the freezer for an hour or two, or until the cake becomes solid. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe from The Healthy Coconut by Jenni Madison, available from Rockpool Publishing.