110g unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
1 teaspoon ground ginger, sifted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, sifted
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, sifted
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, sifted
2 heaped tablespoons of chopped crystallised ginger
1 cup raisins or dried currants
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
2 ripe persimmons, peeled and pureed
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC or 170ºC fan forced.
2. With an electric cake mixer, beat butter, sugar and salt until pale and fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined. Add persimmon puree and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
3. Add flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
4. Add raisins or currants and nuts, and mix until combined.
5. Drop teaspoons full of the batter onto a baking tray lined with parchment and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
This recipe was created by Poh Ling Yeow for Persimmons Australia. For more information, ideas and recipes visit persimmonsaustralia.com.au