Spiced cauliflower & chickpea masala
Who said cauliflower had to be boring? This spicy, colourful dish will make even the most mild-mannered vegetables the life of the party.
|Fresh from the garden:||cauliflower, chillies, coriander, garlic, onion, tomatoes|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
3. Fry the mustard seeds until they start to pop.
4. Fry the ginger, garlic, onion, cumin and turmeric, stirring with the wooden spoon until the onion is soft (about 8 minutes).
5. Fry the cauliflower, turning with the tongs to coat every piece with the spice mixture.
6. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, chillies and salt. Stir to mix.
7. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until cauliflower is just tender (8–10 minutes).
8. Pour into serving dishes, scatter with coriander and serve.
Healthy herb fritters ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.Read more