Corn salsa recipe
Use as a dip alongside flatbread wedges, or as a sauce on steamed vegetables.
|Fresh from the garden:||Coriander, corn, green capsicum, red capsicum, spring onion|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Slice the 2 capsicums finely.
2. Carefully slice the corn kernels from the cob.
3. Slice the spring onions into long lengths.
4. Dry-fry the cumin and coriander seeds for 1 minute, then add the oil.
5. Add the onion and capsicum and fry for 5 minutes.
6. Add and stir through the corn kernels, cover with the lid and cook for 5–7 minutes. Then take off the heat and leave, covered, to steam for a few minutes.
7. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if necessary.
8. Tear up the coriander and sprinkle over the salsa before serving.
A tasty side dish the whole family will love.Read more