Satay salmon with crunchy cucumber and herb salad recipe
The perfect blend of fresh, juicy and creamy flavours, with a little kick of spice.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the salmon on the prepared baking tray, season well with salt and pepper and bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and breaks apart into flakes when pressed with a fork. Cover with foil and set aside to rest.
3. Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add the curry paste and stir for another minute until you start to smell a lovely aroma as the spices cook off. Add the coconut aminos or nectar, peanut butter and coconut milk to the pan and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6–8 minutes, or until thickened and reduced.
4. To make the cucumber and herb salad, toss the cucumber, coriander, shallot and chilli together in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos or nectar, fish sauce, lime zest and juice. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste, then pour over the salad ingredients and toss together well.
5. Transfer the salmon to a serving platter, spoon over the cucumber and herb salad and sprinkle over the peanuts, shredded coconut and coriander leaves. Serve alongside the warm satay sauce.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more