Author and health foodie Emily Rose Brott shares a great chicken recipe from her latest book, Healthy Home Cooking for Kids.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced.
2. Slice chicken into nuggets, approximately 4 cm long. Place breadcrumbs, paprika and a pinch of salt in a bowl and mix.
3. Dip chicken nuggets into breadcrumbs until coated. Line a baking tray with foil and place nuggets on tray.
4. Cook for 25 minutes.
5. To prepare salsa, gently combine avocado, cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl. Toss with lemon juice, oil and salt to taste.
6. To warm pitas, wrap in foil and place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. To serve, slice the pitas in half, spread some mayonnaise over the base of the pita, and top with chicken nuggets and salsa.
Read our interview with Emily Rose Brott about cooking with kids.