Crumbed chicken and salsa in pita recipe
Emily Rose Brott shares a great chicken recipe for kids.
Author and health foodie Emily Rose Brott shares a great chicken recipe from her latest book, Healthy Home Cooking for Kids.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced.
2. Slice chicken into nuggets, approximately 4 cm long. Place breadcrumbs, paprika and a pinch of salt in a bowl and mix.
3. Dip chicken nuggets into breadcrumbs until coated. Line a baking tray with foil and place nuggets on tray.
4. Cook for 25 minutes.
5. To prepare salsa, gently combine avocado, cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl. Toss with lemon juice, oil and salt to taste.
6. To warm pitas, wrap in foil and place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. To serve, slice the pitas in half, spread some mayonnaise over the base of the pita, and top with chicken nuggets and salsa.
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more