Jolly good butter chicken recipe
Lee of Supercharged Food shares her family favourite butter chicken.
Kim Cotton, who blogs at spiritedmama.com, is part of the sisterhood and loves to come around for a Jolly Good Butter Chicken on a Friday night. It's the ultimate comfort food that sees many through the trials and tribulations of love and life. This recipe is a great way to indulge in health-promoting spices.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Place a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat and add the sesame oil. Cook the chicken in two batches, turning regularly for about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside while you cook the remaining chicken. Remove it from the pan.
2. Reduce the heat a little and add the butter. When the butter has melted add the spices and cook, stirring, for 4â€“5 minutes until fragrant.
3. Return the chicken to the pan, along with the tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Turn down the heat to low and stir in the coconut milk. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Mix the banana and coconut together in a small bowl.
6. Serve the butter chicken with the brown rice, chilled cucumber, banana with coconut and some mango chutney, if desired.