Crab omelette recipe
A speedy and delicious meal from Marion Grasby’s latest cookbook, Asia Express
While this dish technically serves two, you may want to keep extra ingredients on hand as you might find this simply too good to share.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Gently toss the crab meat and spring onions in a small bowl to combine.
2. In another small bowl, mix the oyster sauce with 1 teaspoon of water to loosen. Set aside for later.
3. Whisk together the eggs, fish sauce, 2 tablespoons of water and a generous grinding of pepper in a large bowl.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a 25 cm non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and use a spatula to draw the egg in towards the centre. Swirl the mixture in the pan to allow the uncooked egg to run out towards the edge. Keep doing this until the omelette is almost set.
5. Sprinkle the crab meat mixture over one half of the omelette. Flip the empty side of the omelette over the crab. Turn out onto a serving plate. Drizzle with spoonfuls of the oyster sauce mixture, then top with bean shoots, chilli and coriander. Share between two – if you can!
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more