Chicken panzanella with basil vinaigrette recipe
A tasty mix of barbecued chicken, zucchini and capsicum, finished off with tomato and feta.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. In a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic, and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the oil, processing until emulsified. Transfer to a small non-reactive bowl and season with the salt and pepper.
2. Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over medium heat, 180–230°C (350–450°F).
3. Brush the cooking grills clean. Lightly brush the zucchinis, red capsicum and bread on both sides with oil and then season with salt and pepper. Barbecue the vegetables and bread over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the vegetables are slightly charred and the bread has grill marks, turning once. The vegetables will take 4–6 minutes and the bread will take 2–4 minutes. Remove them from the barbecue as they are ready and leave to cool.
4. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Barbecue, smooth-(skinned-)side down first, over direct medium heat for 8–12 minutes, with the lid closed, until the meat is firm to the touch and opaque all the way to the centre, turning once. Remove the chicken from the barbecue and leave to rest for 3–5 minutes.
5. Cut the vegetables, bread and chicken into 1-cm cubes, and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the tomatoes and feta, drizzle with the remaining dressing and toss to coat evenly. Serve right away.
Here's how to eat home made meals every nightRead more