Chai spiced almond milk recipe
A soothing wintry beverage, with just the right blend of spices.
Everybody loves curling up on the couch with a nice warm drink on a cold winter’s night – and this dairy free alternative is both delicious and nutritious. Cinnamon not only gives this drink a beautiful flavour, it is also has the benefit of balancing out blood sugar levels, helping to control sweet cravings.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Soak almonds in water overnight. Drain and rinse.
2. Add almonds and water to a high speed blender and whizz for 1 ½ minutes to make your ‘milk’. Strain the blended liquid through a nut bag or muslin cloth into a bowl or jug.
3. Add your almond milk back to the blender and add the rest of the ingredients. Whizz on high speed for 1 minute or until everything is well blended.
4. Pour the milk into a pot and gently heat on medium heat until it just starts to boil.
5. Pour into 4 mugs, sprinkle with extra cinnamon and serve.
This milk can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.
Note: You can store the leftover almond pulp in the freezer to use for other recipes such as gluten free cakes and biscuits.
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more