Sticky date pancake recipe
Wind up your weekend workouts and treat yourself with these delicious sticky date pancakes.
75g dates, chopped
¼ cup boiling water
½ cup wholemeal flour
¼ cup plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon golden syrup
2 egg whites
¾ cup buttermilk
¼ -½ cup skim milk
4 tablespoons low fat Greek-style yoghurt
1 banana, sliced
1 tablspoon golden syrup
30g walnuts, chopped
1. Place dates and boiling water in a small bowl and stand for 10 minutes.
2. Sift flours, bicarb soda, cinnamon & ginger into a large bowl.
3. Mix together golden syrup, egg whites, buttermilk and skim milk until just combined.
4. Add wet mix and date mixture to flours and mix well.
5. Heat a small sprayed non stick fry pan over medium heat.
6. Add ⅓ cupfuls of mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear, turn and cook other side.
7. To serve, top with yoghurt, banana, walnuts and drizzle with golden syrup.
Recipe provided by Weigh It Up