Light pumpkin soup recipe
A cool weather favourite gets a makeover – full in flavour, light on cream.
It’s that time of the year again – pumpkin season! This means pumpkin everything, from pie to lattes to classic pumpkin soup.
Traditionally pumpkin soup is made with butter, cream and stock, but these ingredients are not needed to make a delicious tasting soup. Try this lighter alternative.
1 butternut pumpkin
Ground pepper (plus chilli fakes if you like it spicy)
Dash of coconut milk
1. Cut pumpkin in half, remove all seeds, then peel and cube.
2. Add pumpkin cubes to a stove pot and fill with water until covered.
3. Cook until soft and remove from heat. Use either a soup stick or food processor to blend until smooth.
4. Pour mixture back into the stove pot. Add herb salt and cracked pepper (and optional chilli), and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add a swirl of coconut milk and serve.
See more of Natascha's recipes at cleancookingrecipes.com