Lentil Salad Recipe
Whip up this salad in a flash for a warm, crunchy and herb-infused dish.
1. Soak lentils as long as possible (the night before is ideal, 1 hour before is okay.)
2. Cook lentils in water and stock or herbal salt on stove until they are still a little bit firm (not as soft as for lentil soup.)
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Finely chop lettuce and any fresh seasonal herbs (parsley or dill) on hand and place into desired bowl.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt and pepper
1 teaspoon mustard
squeeze lemon juice
1. Pour 1/2 of dressing onto lentils and mix well. Pour lentil mixture over lettuce and pour remaining dressing on top.
2. Eat immediately – the lettuce should be crunchy and the lentils warm.