Green pasta recipe
Simple, light and delicious, this pasta dish can be enjoyed warm or chilled.
½ packet of quinoa/brown rice spiral pasta
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons basil pesto
½ cup frozen green peas
1 handful of micro greens (or any of your favourite fresh, seasonal veggies)
½ bunch of fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. In large pot, boil water, add salt and olive oil and then add pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
2. In a smaller pot, bring ¾ cups of water to a boil, add frozen peas, cook for approximately 2 minutes and strain immediately. Run cold water over strainer for 30 seconds to keep peas fresh and crunchy.
3. Once the pasta has cooked al dente, remove from heat, strain and return pasta to the pot.
4. Stir through pesto. Toss to coat and add extra pesto if desired.
5. Add peas, fresh basil leaves and top with micro greens.
6. Serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature, or store in an air tight container in the fridge.