Corn fritters with tangy tomato salsa recipe
Whip up a batch of light and tasty fritters for a simple weeknight feast.
Makes: 8 fritters
2 small capsicums (150 g), diced
1 cup corn kernels
1 brown onion, diced
5 tablespoons continental parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons Cajun spice mix
5 large eggs
½ cup skim milk
200 g wholemeal flour
⅔ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tomatoes, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons continental parsley
5 tablespoons lemon juice
1. In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in milk then whisk in the flour and baking powder until smooth.
2. Add capsicum, onion, parsley, corn kernels and Cajun spice to the bowl and mix until the vegetables are evenly dispersed in the mixture. Leave mixture to rest.
3. In the meantime, make the salsa dip by combining the tomato, onion, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside while you cook your fritters.
4. Heat enough oil in a large non-stick frying pan to thinly cover the surface over medium to high heat.
5. Add a large spoonful of batter to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through. Repeat until all the mixture is cooked. You may need to add the remaining olive oil between batches.
6. When the corn fritters are cooked serve topped with tomato salsa.
Recipe from Hit 100.