Coconut and lime cheesecake recipe
Fresh, zesty and naturally sweet – this no-bake dessert is a coconutty treasure.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Setting: 90 minutes
½ cup of almonds
2 tablespoons Coconut Magic desiccated coconut
¾ cup of Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for about 15 minutes. Drain well before using.
1 ½ cups of raw cashews, soaked in filtered cold water for a minimum of 4 hours (overnight works best)
½ cup fresh lime juice
Zest of one lime
3 tablespoons Coconut Magic coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons Coconut Magic coconut nectar
½ cup organic coconut milk
For the base
1. Add almonds, desiccated coconut and dates to the food processor and pulse into a fine grain.
2. Lightly grease an 8-inch pan or baking dish with coconut oil.
3. Press the mixture into the pan until it is well compacted and even. Refrigerate to set.
For the topping
4. Rinse and drain the soaked cashews using filtered water.
5. Combine cashews, lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil, coconut nectar and coconut milk in the blender. Blend well until the mixture is creamy; scrape down the sides as required.
Putting it together
6. Pour the creamy mixture onto the base, spread evenly and sprinkle with lime zest.
7. Store in the freezer for an hour or two, or until the cake becomes solid. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe from The Healthy Coconut by Jenni Madison, available from Rockpool Publishing.