Try this take on a classic soup by seasoning with Himalayan pink salt.
500 g McKenzie’s green split peas
3 medium carrots, diced
3 celery sticks, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 smoked ham hock
1 reduced salt chicken stock cube
8 cups water
1 bay leaf
McKenzie’s Himalayan pink salt and whole black peppercorns, to taste
Pan fried prosciutto and fresh parsley to garnish
1. Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in a large pot. Cover and simmer for approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove hock and prepare by removing skin. Roughly chop ham and set aside. Discard bay leaf.
3. Puree soup in a food processor or blender.
4. Add ham back into pureed soup and stir through.
5. Season to taste with pepper. Garnish with prosciutto and fresh parsley.
For more recipe ideas and ingredients inspiration, head to mckenziesfoods.com.au