A fresh blend of flavours brings a zesty infusion to your favourite beef fillet.
1/2 cup raw macadamias
1/3 cup assorted olives, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons capers
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano pepper
1/2 cup sliced red or yellow capsicum, optional
4 x 180g beef eye fillets
macadamia oil, for cooking
4 teaspoons Dijon or grain mustard
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Place macadamias, olives, capers, oregano and pepper in a mortar and pestle and roughly grind.
3. Season beef and sear for 2–3 minutes on one side. Turn over and remove from heat.
4. Spread uncooked side with mustard and press macadamia crust onto surface. Finish in oven until cooked as desired.
Other crust ideas:
- Port with pear, Chinese 5 spice, honey and macadamias.
- Veal with lemon zest, basil, breadcrumbs and macadamias.
- Lamb with rosemary, sage, goat cheese and macadamias.
Recipe provided by Australian Macadamias