This creamy soup is as filling as it is flavoursome
Cauliflower and broccolini are both high in fibre, folate and vitamin C. As part of the cabbage family, they contain several phytochemicals that have been linked to cancer prevention. The cauliflower in this recipe should only be lightly cooked, not boiled, to insure the beneficial compounds are not lost.
1 bunch of broccolini (cut each stem into three pieces)
1 medium sized head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
1/2 white onion (chopped finely)
2 organic vegetable stock cubes (or 1 teaspoon of herbal salt)
1 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Set oven to medium heat. In a large pot heat olive oil, lightly sauté onion until clear.
2. Add cauliflower pieces, broccolini pieces, stock and dill, and stir through.
3. Immediately add approximately 3 cups of water.
4. Continue to cook until cauliflower is slightly tender.
5. Allow to cool slightly then blend until smooth.
Serve with seeded crackers or toasted wholegrain gluten free bread
Visit Natascha’s blog, cleancookingrecipes.com