At Medibank, we stand for better health - three simple words that sit at the heart of everything we do.
Better health for our members
We have insured the health of Australians since our inception in 1976 and, under our Medibank and ahm brands, we look after the health of 3.8 million people.
“For better health” defines why we exist, and drives our commitment to:
- Better choices
- We help people make positive and affordable health choices and feel in control of their health
- Better confidence
- We ensure people feel confident about their health and offer genuine peace-of-mind. We call this health assurance
- Better outcomes
- We advocate for an improved health system that produces quality health outcomes.
Better health for all Australians
From prevention through to treatment and health management, Medibank is driving better health outcomes through its health services, health system advocacy and work in the community
With a large and diverse customer base, we are one of the most recognised brands in Australia. We are proud of the position of trust we have established and of our integral role in Australia’s health system.
Our four key values
Medibank is united through four key values that were developed and refined by our employees. They are the guiding principles of our business, remind us of our purpose, and guide the way we work together and engage with our customers and providers.
- Customer focus
- We treat our customers as we would like to be treated
- We own it, commit to it and deliver it
- We are open, honest and transparent, and help others to be the same
- We celebrate our differences and treat others as equals
Diversity and inclusion
Medibank stands "For Better Health". It is our belief is that every person has the right to good health.
At Medibank, we are committed to a culture that embraces and fosters diversity and inclusion. This means ensuring that all employees are provided with equal opportunity, while also creating opportunities for those groups that maybe disadvantaged.
Part of our commitment to diversity is our Reconciliation Action Plan which describes the steps we’re taking to bring our commitment towards reconciliation to life.
Workplace gender equality
In accordance with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2014, we have logged our annual public reports with the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.