Enter your postcode to find your nearest store to have a face-to-face chat!
- The Australian Government establishes Medibank Private as a not-for-profit private health insurer, operated by statutory authority the Health Insurance Commission.
- Medibank incorporation legislation passed by the Commonwealth.
- Medibank transferred from the Health Insurance Commission to the newly established Medibank Private Limited, with the Commonwealth the sole shareholder.
- Medibank starts offering travel insurance.
- Medibank starts offering life insurance, and pet insurance soon after.
- Medibank acquires ahm, a Wollongong-based health insurer.
- The Australian Government transfers Health Services Australia to Medibank, extending Medibank’s development of preventative and health management programs.
- Medibank converts to a for-profit entity.
- Medibank acquires McKesson Asia Pacific, extending Medibank’s expertise in telehealth and healthcare services.
- Medibank commences delivery of 1800RESPECT, the national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service, on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
- ahm relaunches as a brand focused on simplicity.
- The Australian Government announces its intention to sell Medibank via IPO.
- Medibank lists on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
- Medibank launches CareComplete to support people living with chronic conditions. It remains one of the largest chronic disease programs in Australia.
- Medibank’s entire investment portfolio becomes tobacco-free upon moving our international equities to a new tobacco-free investment fund.
- Medibank acquires HealthStrong, which delivers healthcare services within retirement and aged care homes.
- Medibank launches Live Better*, with a goal to help 1.5 million Aussies get active in mind, body and community by 2022.
*previously named Free + Active
- Medibank acquires Home Support Services (HSS), which provides in-home healthcare services.
- Medibank’s operations certified as carbon neutral.
- Medibank adopts all private health insurance reforms – including all optional measures – introduced by the Australian Government to provide better affordability, value and transparency.
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Fill in the form below or get in touch by calling our dedicated line 1300 110
We are open on Sundays.
In providing your telephone number, you consent to Medibank contacting you about health insurance.
We'll have someone call you soon to help with any questions you have.
Or, check out our FAQs and guides to help get you started.