Travel insurance for pregnancy
If you’re thinking about a babymoon before your bub arrives, Medibank Travel Insurance may cover you.
Can you take out travel insurance?
If you've been given the all-clear to travel by your doctor, and you'll be home before the 26th week of your pregnancy, you can take out Medibank Travel Insurance.
Let us know and keep us updated
You'll need to let us know you're pregnant and if any of the following apply, by filling out a medical assessment as part of your quote process:
- there have been complications with this or any previous pregnancy, or
- you have a multiple pregnancy eg. twins or triplets, or
- the conception was medically assisted (including hormone therapies and IVF).
You can get a quote by visiting your nearest Medibank store, online at medibank.com.au/travel or by calling 132 331.
Restrictions that apply to all pregnancies
The following restrictions apply to all pregnancies:
- Cover is only provided for unexpected serious pregnancy complications which occur before the 26th week of pregnancy.
- No cover is provided for childbirth or the health of a newborn baby, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy at which the child is born.
Find the right travel insurance to suit you
Medibank Travel Insurance gives you leading hospital, accident and medical evacuation cover while you're travelling. We have International travel insurance, Domestic travel insurance or Annual Multi Trip if you travel more frequently.