Enter your postcode to find your nearest store to have a face-to-face chat!
Does travel insurance cover pregnancy?
If you've been given the all-clear to travel by your doctor, and you'll be home before the 26th week of your pregnancy, you can take out Medibank Travel Insurance.
Let us know and keep us updated
You'll need to let us know you're pregnant and if any of the following apply, by filling out a medical assessment as part of your quote process:
- there have been complications with this or any previous pregnancy, or
- you have a multiple pregnancy eg. twins or triplets, or
- the conception was medically assisted (including hormone therapies and IVF).
Restrictions that apply to all pregnancies
The following restrictions apply to all pregnancies:
- Cover is only provided for unexpected serious pregnancy complications which occur before the 26th week of pregnancy.
- No cover is provided for childbirth or the health of a newborn baby, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy at which the child is born.
Limits, sub-limits, exclusions and conditions apply. This is general advice only. Medibank Private Limited, ABN 47 080 890 259, an Authorised Representative, AR 286089, of Travel Insurance Partners Pty Limited, ABN 73 144 049 230 AFSL 360138 arranges the insurance on behalf of the insurer. The insurer is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Please consider your own needs and the Combined FSG/PDS available from at medibank.com.au/travel to decide if this product is right for you. For information on the Target Market and Target Market Determinations, visit medibank.com.au/travel-insurance/help/
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Fill in the form below or get in touch by calling our dedicated line 1300 110
We are open on Sundays.
In providing your telephone number, you consent to Medibank contacting you about health insurance.
We'll have someone call you soon to help with any questions you have.
Or, check out our FAQs and guides to help get you started.