Enter your postcode to find your nearest store to have a face-to-face chat!
Better quality healthcare
In Australia, we enjoy some of the best healthcare in the world. New and improving technologies mean better treatment, but they can come at a price. These technologies are often expensive to implement and that contributes to higher overall costs in the health sector.
Our ageing population
It’s great news that Australians, on the whole, are living longer. But the longer we live, the more healthcare we’re likely to need. Generally speaking, increasing life expectancy equals increasing premiums.
Use Members’ Choice to your advantage
By utilising our Members’ Choice Advantage network, you’ll get access to one of the largest health provider networks in Australia. That means you can generally enjoy better value for a wide range of included Extras.
100% back on up to two dental check-ups
We know our members want greater everyday value when it comes to extras. That’s why all Medibank extras members get 100% back on up to two dental check-ups at a Members’ Choice Advantage dentist every year, including x-rays. ~
2 pairs – no gap
Exclusive to Medibank members with eligible extras, you can now get 2 pairs of glasses with standard single-vision prescription lenses with no gap from Specsavers’ $249 range. Subject to your full annual optical limit being unused at time of purchase. Waiting periods apply. #
The My Medibank App
We’ve made it simpler for most members to stay on top of their cover with the My Medibank App. Check your limits, submit a claim for most extras, and find a Members’ Choice provider anywhere, anytime. And to avoid surprises, most members can use the out of pocket feature to estimate benefits and gaps for most extras claims.^
Everyone benefits from a quick health check now and then. And the same goes with your health insurance.
We know that affordability will always be important for our members. Our team is on hand to discuss options that could make your premiums more manageable. Or if your circumstances have changed since we last spoke, it may be a good time to check if a different cover option may be more suitable.
Give us a call on 132 331 and we’ll take you through a cover review.
Premiums will increase on 1 October 2022. We'll let you know about your new premium in mid-2022.
We can't charge you less for not using your cover or charge you more for using it. Private health insurance in Australia must meet the government's community rating requirements. This means everyone has access to the same insurance products at the same base price, regardless of their health or claiming behaviour.
The main reason for premium change is to keep pace with the rising cost of healthcare and the increasing need for healthcare. We're living longer, chronic conditions are on the rise and we enjoy some of the best healthcare in the world. Your specific premium change depends on several factors, such as the state you live in, the type of cover you're on, and the general claiming pattern of members.
We’ve been working hard to ensure our members can get better value from their membership. Depending on what’s included in your policy, (check your cover summary to find out more) you may be able to:
- access to Medibank’s 24/7 Nurse and Mental Health lines.³
- get 100% back on two dental check-ups a year at a Members’ Choice Advantage dentist.⁶
- get 100% back on optical items like frames, prescription glasses, contacts and more at recognised providers, up to your annual limits. (some lens coatings are excluded).
- at Specsavers, get two pairs of prescription designer glasses, including standard single-vision lenses, with no gap.⁸
- get member discounts on Pet, Travel and Life Insurance.
And with our Live Better rewards program, we’re rewarding you for looking after your health. You can:
- access free, active and social activities across the country (such as parkrun and outdoor fitness classes) or exercise from home with a range of videos from our Live Better at Home library
- access expert health information, recipe inspiration, exercise tips and online courses to support your health
- if you are an eligible Medibank member, earn Live Better reward points and use them towards a gift card, savings of $200 on your health cover or get more on your extras like a remedial massage or physio service - simply by taking a broad range of healthy actions.
We're tackling increasing healthcare costs in a number of ways:
- Investing in primary care programs for eligible members with chronic conditions to help them stay out of hospital.
- Partnering with the healthcare sector to support better health outcomes for members.
- Launching the Live Better programme to help Australians get healthy and stay healthy - and be rewarded for doing so.⁴
- Providing the young adult discount on eligible hospital covers.
- Conducting regular cover reviews to ensure that you are always on the right cover for you and that you get the most out of it.
Any payments made before 1 October 2022 will be at the existing 2021 rates. If you have already paid your health cover premiums in advance, your new premium won’t come into effect until your next payment is due or any payment you make after 1 October 2022, provided you don’t make certain changes to your cover during this time - this includes changing your level of cover, changing your membership category or state of residence, adding or removing a component of your cover (eg. Hospital or Extras) or reactivating your membership after a period of suspension.
With over 40 years of experience, we understand what better health means for our 3.7 million members. Our team of experts will help you find the right health cover for every individual and family; now and in the future.
Whatever health journey you find yourself on, we also have a range of health services, programs, tools and information to help you every step of the way including:
- Hospital Assist which allows you talk to us first to understand what’s included in your cover, what choices you have for care and recovery, and how you could reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
- Medibank’s CareComplete programs which focus on improving the outcomes and quality of life for Australians living with chronic conditions.
- 24/7 Medibank Mental Health Phone Support for members with hospital cover
- Unlimited emergency ambulance on all hospital and extras cover⁵
- 100% back on up to two dental check-ups at a Members’ Choice Advantage dentist for members with extras cover⁶
- Live Better program supporting a range of free activities online and across Australia to help keep your mind and body active and rewards you for looking after your health⁴
Value for money is central to us at Medibank. That's why CANSTAR has awarded us with the Outstanding Value Health Insurance award for 13 years running.
Things you should know
~ Two month waiting period applies. Limited to two dental check-ups on all extras annually. Maximum two bitewing x-rays per check-up, where clinically needed. Not available in all areas.
# Waiting periods apply. If your full annual optical limit (or more than $225 remaining of your limit) is not available at time of purchase, out of pockets may apply. Both pairs must be of the same prescription. Other lens options available at an extra cost.
^ Claims for some types of services/items excluded. Some claims, like paper based, may take longer to update.
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Fill in the form below or get in touch by calling our dedicated line 1300 110
We are open on Sundays.
In providing your telephone number, you consent to Medibank contacting you about health insurance.
We'll have someone call you soon to help with any questions you have.
Or, check out our FAQs and guides to help get you started.