If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Place cubed pumpkin pieces into a pot and boil on the stove until tender. Drain and set aside to chill.
2. Grease a tart pan or baking dish with coconut oil. Sprinkle base with coconut flakes (this will make it easier to serve).
3. Using a food processor or a powerful blender combine pecans, coconut flakes and pepitas (reserving a couple for your garnish) until it becomes a coarse meal.
4. Add Mejool dates and process until smooth.
5. Using your hands, press crust mixture into the bottom and the sides of your pan or dish.
6. Remove can of coconut milk from fridge and pour away the clear portion so you are left with the thick white coconut cream.
7. Using a blender, combine cooked pumpkin and coconut cream with the remaining filling ingredients until smooth.
8. Pour the mixture into the pan or dish, cover with a plate to avoid frost, and allow this mixture to set in freezer for a few hours before serving.
9. Top with pumpkin seeds and coconut shreds for an extra crunch Note: If you are pre-making your pumpkin pie, remove from freezer a few hours before serving to allow it to defrost, yet remain firm.
Note: If you are pre-making your pumpkin pie, remove from freezer a few hours before serving to allow it to defrost, yet remain firm.
Try more of Natascha’s recipes in the free be. Eat Clean Recipe Book or visit cleancookingrecipes.com