2 medium chicken breasts
2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 teaspoons olive oil
Pinch of rock salt and crack of ground black pepper
Butter, to cook
1 cup chickpeas
1 ½ tablespoons unhulled tahini
2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
½ lemon, juiced
¼ cup water
2/3 cup Greek yoghurt, unsweetened
2 teaspoons fresh mint, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 quality pita breads
1 cup rocket
1 cup mixed herbs (mint, coriander, parsley), leaves only
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cut chicken into even bite-sized pieces. Coat with all ingredients in a mixing bowl . Pierce all pieces onto bamboo skewers.
2. Heat griddle or fry pan on medium-high heat . Butter pan.
3. Once heated, add chicken .Every minute or so, turn, cook, then set aside and keep warm. Cook in batches until all skewers are cooked. You may need to use more butter for each batch.
1. Place all hummus ingredients in a food processor and blitz. If too dry, add a teaspoon or so of water and blitz again.
2. Set aside to use ¼ cup per pita bread.
3. Store remaining amount in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
1. Combine dressing ingredients until mixed well. Set aside.
1. Smear hummus on pita bread, top with rocket and herbs.
2. Place skewers atop & spoon yoghurt dressing over the lot.
The chicken will store on or off skewers for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge, and tastes great as leftovers in a salad or alone.