Mindful in May
Take on a 30-day challenge to learn mindfulness skills - and raise funds to bring clean water to those in need.
Mindful in May is a global campaign with two core missions: to teach you how mindfulness meditation can lead to more clarity, calm and happiness, and to bring clean and safe drinking water to those in need around the world.
The 30-day challenge encourages you to practice mindfulness meditation each day. Over the month, you will learn skills that can lead to reduced stress, improved physical and mental wellbeing, enhanced mental performance, and increased happiness.
Beyond these personal benefits, the campaign also has a positive humanitarian impact. The money raised by participants and their sponsors goes towards providing clean water for communities in developing countries.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the art of really being in the present moment, by bringing your full attention to your body, your breath, your surroundings and your sensations. Mindfulness meditation is a powerful tool that can help your mind to become more clear, focused and effective. When practiced regularly, it can make you happier, calmer, more creative, and better equipped to handle the demands of your busy life.
Research shows that the regular practice of mindfulness meditation can lead to:
- Reduced stress and its impact on the body and mind
- Structural changes in the brain associated with enhanced mental performance
- Improved physical and mental well being
- Increased happiness
- Enhanced immune function
- A reduction in depressive relapses and anxiety
Why sign up for Mindful in May?
When you register for Mindful in May, you will receive guidance and motivation to help you build a habit of mindfulness over the 30 days of the challenge. This includes:
- Guided meditation downloads
- Video interviews with global mindfulness leaders
- Daily lessons and simple mindfulness exercises
- A digital meditation journal to track your progress
- Access to the Facebook community to connect with others taking on the challenge
Find out more about Mindful in May at mindfulinmay.org
How to keep an eye on your drinking.Read more