Parsnip & thyme soup
A hearty winter soup using seasonal veg
|Fresh from the garden:||garlic, onion, parsnip, thyme|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Add the parsnip, onion, garlic and thyme to the pan and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
4. Add the stock to the pan. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-high.
5. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until the parsnip is tender.
6. Purée the mix to a smooth consistency with the stick blender.
7. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Ladle the soup into serving bowls, drizzle with a little yoghurt and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
Healthy herb fritters ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.Read more