Chicken, lemon and dill soup recipe
Warm up with a soothing, comforting chicken soup.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan and cook the onion, celery and carrot over low–medium heat for 10–15 minutes or until tender and just starting to colour. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken and enough stock to just cover. Bring slowly to the boil over low–medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and poach the chicken for 5–6 minutes or until just cooked through. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
3. Add the lentils and remaining stock to the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
4. Meanwhile, use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chicken, lemon juice and dill. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Ladle the soup evenly into 4 bowls. Top each with one-quarter of the rocket and pepitas, and serve with the bread on the side.
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more