|Fresh from the garden:||garlic, leek, silverbeet, rocket or other salad leaves|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. If using pizza stones, place them on a rack in the oven to get very hot.
3. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
4. Heat the frying pan on a low heat and add half the oil.
5. Sauté the leek until soft (about 5 minutes).
6. Add the silverbeet and season to taste. Cook just enough to wilt the silverbeet, then take off the heat and set aside in the large bowl.
7. Divide the pizza dough into two equal pieces.
8. Sprinkle flour on a clean workbench and roll each piece of dough into a thin pizza base about 25 cm in diameter.
If you are using pizza trays:
1. Sprinkle flour on the trays, then carefully lay the pizza bases on the trays.
2. Spread the garlic over the pizza bases.
3. Arrange the leek and silverbeet mix on the pizzas.
4. Sprinkle most of the parmesan over the top (keep some aside to serve).
5. Drizzle the rest of the oil over the pizzas, then place the pizzas in the oven.
If you are using pizza stones:
1. Sprinkle flour on the wooden peel or upside-down baking tray. Semolina flour is best for this.
2. Carefully lay each pizza base on the floured peel or baking tray.
3. Spread the minced garlic over the pizza bases.
4. Arrange the leek and silverbeet mix on the pizzas.
5. Sprinkle most of the parmesan over the top (keep some aside to serve).
6. Carefully pull out the racks with the very hot pizza stones.
7. Without touching them (they are very hot!), sprinkle semolina over the pizza stones. Shake the peel or baking tray and slide each pizza onto the stone.
8. Drizzle the rest of the oil over the pizzas, then slide the rack with the pizzas back into the oven.
To bake the pizzas:
1. Bake the pizzas for 15 minutes or until the edges are very crisp and the cheese is bubbling.
2. To get a crispy base on pizzas cooked on pizza trays, slide the pizzas off the trays onto the oven rack for the last few minutes.
3. Remove the pizzas from the oven. Transfer them to the serving board with the wide egg lifter.
4. Cut the pizza into slices so there is a slice each for your diners.
5. Serve topped with rocket leaves and the remaining parmesan.