If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. For the arrowroot wraps, combine all ingredients in a small bowl until a smooth batter forms.
2. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and brush with some coconut oil.
3. Pour 1/8th of the batter in and cook for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side. Continue with rest of batter. Place cooked tortillas to the side and keep warm.
4. For the teriyaki sauce, add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
5. To cook the chicken, heat oil over medium-heat in a large frying pan.
6. Add chicken strips and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
7. Add teriyaki sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes until it thickens and chicken is cooked.
8. Top arrowroot wraps with teriyaki chicken and the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and roll up to serve.
Note: Most teriyaki sauces are filled with empty sugars and are loaded with sodium. This healthy version tastes delicious, obtaining its flavour from a combination of raw honey mixed with tamari.
Tip: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days, or freeze for up to four months.
Recipe and image from Wholesome Child: Complete Nutrition Guide and Cookbook by Mandy Sacher.