Chicken teriyaki in arrowroot wraps recipe
A deliciously light twist on a family favourite, with loads of flavour.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. For the arrowroot wraps, combine all ingredients in a small bowl until a smooth batter forms.
2. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and brush with some coconut oil.
3. Pour 1/8th of the batter in and cook for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side. Continue with rest of batter. Place cooked tortillas to the side and keep warm.
4. For the teriyaki sauce, add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
5. To cook the chicken, heat oil over medium-heat in a large frying pan.
6. Add chicken strips and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
7. Add teriyaki sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes until it thickens and chicken is cooked.
8. Top arrowroot wraps with teriyaki chicken and the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and roll up to serve.
Note: Most teriyaki sauces are filled with empty sugars and are loaded with sodium. This healthy version tastes delicious, obtaining its flavour from a combination of raw honey mixed with tamari.
Tip: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days, or freeze for up to four months.
Recipe and image from Wholesome Child: Complete Nutrition Guide and Cookbook by Mandy Sacher.
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more