Baked fish with thyme and fennel seed crust recipe
A delicious fish recipe with a perfect balance of carbs, protein and healthy fats, from the CSIRO Low Carb Diet.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. To make the crust, place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until finely chopped and well combined. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
3. Place the fish on the prepared tray and press one-quarter of the crust mixture over the top of each fillet. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through and the topping is lightly browned; the cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
4. Steam the kale in a steamer basket over a large saucepan of simmering water for 7–8 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
5. Steam the carrots for 4–5 minutes or until just tender, then steam the broccoli for 3 minutes or until just tender.
6. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over medium–high heat. Spray lightly with olive oil and cook the sprouts and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 minutes or until just tender and caramelised.
7. Add the steamed kale and broccoli, lemon zest and lemon juice and toss to combine.
8. Divide the fish, lemony kale mixture and carrots evenly among four plates and serve.
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more