5 tips for triathlon success
Pro triathlete Rebekah Keat shares her winning secrets.
1. Have a plan. Create achievable goals and map out a training plan. It is easier to stick to a workout plan that is structured and regimented weekly.
2. Listen to your body. Be kind to yourself an be careful not to overdo it. Don’t feel guilty about taking a day off!
3. Focus only on yourself and your progress. Don’t get caught up with others around you wanting to do more.
4. Keep hydrating. Be sure to drink enough water and replenish electrolytes – that’s a litre an hour under normal conditions and up to 1.52 litres in hotter conditions.
5. Diet is key. Stick to a balanced diet, but load up on fruit and vegetables to fulfil your mineral requirements.
Catch Bek at the inaugural Australian Triathlon, Endurance and Cycling Expo in Sydney this July.
A chat with Sam BramhamRead more