Peanut butter granola energy balls recipe
Sweetened with dates and flavored with peanut butter, these tasty snacks will keep you going through the whole day.
85 g dates (soak for 10 minutes in water prior to using)
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon honey
50 g granola
1. Add the dry granola mix to a bowl and set aside.
2. Place the soaked dates into a blender or food processor, and blend until quite smooth.
3. Add the peanut butter, cocoa powder, and honey to the food processor, and process until all ingredients are blended. If too solid to blend, add up to 2 teaspoons of water.
4. Add the dry granola mixture and pulse to break up and mix in the granola.
5. Scoop out the mixture and, using your hands, form into balls. Serve at room temperature.
Note: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze the energy balls for up to 3 months.
Recipe from Homemade Granola by Elise Barber, available from New Holland Publishers.