Enter your postcode to find your nearest store to have a face-to-face chat!
How do I make a claim?
There are many ways to claims:
- Pre-approval: you can provide us with the itemised estimate of costs from your Vet, along with the treatment required and relevant clinical records and/or veterinary history, and we will respond to you in writing with the outcome. For more information on how this works, please refer to the Claims page.
- Pet Portal: You can submit a claim via Pet Portal. Not registered? Register now.
- eClaim: Alternatively, your Vet may be able to submit your claim for you in-clinic electronically once you’ve paid your invoice (sometimes referred to as an eClaim). Once lodged you can check your claim’s status online via the Pet Portal.
- Paper Claim: You can also submit a paper claim by completing a Medibank Pet Insurance Claim Form. You can get a copy on the Useful Documents section of the website or can contact us by calling.
It's important to note if you're lodging your first claim you'll need to attach the relevant veterinary history for your pet. Once you've provided this information, there's no need for you to submit it again.
Once we receive the documentation we need, your claim will be processed and payment will be made to the policyholder by cheque or directly into a nominated account.
Aside from your first claim, in many cases, your claim can be processed directly without veterinary records being required. However, in some cases, the relevant veterinary records may be requested to assist in understanding some aspects of your claim to ensure it is processed correctly and fairly. Sometimes this can result in a delay in payment of claims.
Things you should know
The information provided is general information only and is not a substitute for professional veterinary medical advice. Medibank Private does not guarantee the accuracy of any of the information, representations or advice contained. To the extent permitted by law, Medibank Private accepts no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by readers of this website as a result of or in connection with the information contained on this website (whether by way of negligence or otherwise).
Terms, conditions and waiting periods apply.
* - Medibank Pet Insurance is general insurance issued by the insurer The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ACN 090 584 473; AFSL 241436) (Hollard), is promoted by Medibank Private Limited (ACN 080 890 259; AR 286089) (Medibank) and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 075 949 923; AFSL 420183) (PetSure). Medibank acts as an authorised representative of PetSure. Medibank will receive a commission which is a percentage of the premium paid to Hollard and PetSure may receive a portion of the underwriting profit, if any - ask PetSure for more details.
Any advice provided is general only, has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. Consequently, before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of this information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, Medibank Pet Insurance. PetSure can be contacted by telephone: 132 331 or by mail: Locked Bag 9021, Castle Hill, NSW 1765.
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Fill in the form below or get in touch by calling our dedicated line 1300 110
We are open on Sundays.
In providing your telephone number, you consent to Medibank contacting you about health insurance.
We'll have someone call you soon to help with any questions you have.
Or, check out our FAQs and guides to help get you started.