Recipe ideas: Quinoa and roast veggie salad
Quick and healthy recipe ideas for pregnancy.
A nourishing salad full of colourful veggies, brought to life with walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Mix rocket and baby spinach leaves
- ¼ butternut pumpkin chopped into roughly 2x2cm pieces
- ½ large sweet potato chopped into roughly 2x2cm pieces
- Handful of walnuts
- Fresh corn, boiled and cut off the cob
- ½ cup crumbled bocconcini cheese
- Handful pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Handful of fresh rosemary leaves, stalks removed
- 2 cloves of garlic very finely chopped
- Fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons natural, no added sugar yoghurt
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place pumpkin and sweet potato in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, fresh rosemary and garlic and mix into veggies well.
- Place veggies into a baking dish and roast in the oven for approximately 1.5 hours or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix up the yoghurt dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Cover the base of a flat salad bowl with the spinach and rocket leaves
- Add quinoa and mix through the green leaves.
- Top with roast veggies, corn, bocconcini cheese, pomegranate seeds and walnuts.
Subscribe to Live Better and receive our Sleep Guide FREE! As well as useful health tips and insights, expert advice, offers and promotions straight to your inbox each week.
Could worry be upsetting your stomach?Read more