Toasted sunflower seed muesli
This simple but effective technique of dry-roasting sunflower seeds adds plenty of flavour to your muesli recipe.
|Fresh from the garden:||Seasonal fresh fruit, sunflower seeds|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Heat the pan over a medium heat and ensure it is hot before using.
3. Scatter the sunflower seeds directly into the pan in one layer, and stir continually with a wooden spoon to toast. Within a minute or two the seeds will turn golden brown and emit a nutty aroma. Once they are golden and aromatic, take them off the heat and allow to cool.
4. Mix all the muesli ingredients, including the toasted seeds, in the bowl.
5. Transfer the muesli to an airtight container to store.
6. Add milk, chopped seasonal fruit or whole berries, plus a dollop of yoghurt and a drizzle of honey, to half a cup of muesli mix per person for a wake-me-up-and-go breakfast.