If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Prepare the tofu (chop into cubes and lightly pan fry in olive oil).
2. Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate to thicken slightly.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
4. Add the bell peppers, spring onions and coriander to the bowl with the noodles. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Add half the tofu cubes and toss again. Taste and season with sea salt if necessary.
5. Top the salad with the remaining tofu, sesame seeds, and coriander scattered on top. You can also add a squeeze of lime juice on top of each bowl just before serving or simply serve with a lime wedge.
The salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The tofu will soften as it sits, but it’s still very tasty!
- You can use untoasted or toasted sesame oil; it’s totally up to you! Toasted sesame oil has a much more robust flavour, while untoasted is more mellow, so feel free to use whichever you prefer.
- The veggies have a tendency to fall to the bottom of the bowl, so I like to scoop them up and add them back on top just before serving.
Image credit: Ashley McLaughlin
This recipe is extracted from Oh She Glows Everyday by Angela Liddon, published by Penguin Random House and available now.