Minty lemon and banana hot cakes recipe
This is what Sunday mornings were made for – luscious, wholesome pancakes, with the perfect amount of zest.
Sunday mornings, warm doonas, pattering rain, pooch sitting lovingly on your feet on the bed. These pancakes are perfect served 'breakfast in bed' style with a newspaper on the side. I'm imagining the gorgeous apron-clad person delivering such luxury to me now…
Handful fresh mint leaves
3 dessert spoons almond meal
1 dessert spoon coconut flakes, or desiccated
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon coconut oil, for frying
Yoghurt of choice to garnish
1. Place a small pan on the stove on medium heat.
2. Place all ingredients (bar yoghurt and coconut oil) in a blender and combine until smooth.
3. Add the coconut oil to the pan when hot. Once melted, place 2 pikelet sized spoonfuls of the mixture into your pan and cook for 2 minutes. Using a spatula gently check the underside – you want them to be golden before you turn.
4. When ready, flip them over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Plate up and garnish with yoghurt of choice.