On this page
- Find out about Medibank’s board of directors
- Meet our executive committee members
Board of Directors
Elizabeth Alexander AM
BCom, FAICD, FCA, FCPA
- Appointed non-executive director: October 2008. Appointed Chairman: March 2013.
- Chairman of the Nomination Committee.
- As a former partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers (1977–2002), Elizabeth specialised in the area of risk management and corporate governance.
- Elizabeth is currently Chairman of DEXUS Wholesale Property Limited and a director of DEXUS Funds Management Limited as part of the Dexus Property Group, and a director of the IOOF Foundation. She is Chancellor of the University of Melbourne, and a member of the McKeon Review (the Strategic Review of Health and Medical Research).
- Elizabeth was previously Chairman of CSL Limited and a director of Boral Limited and Amcor Limited. She is a former Chairman of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority’s Risk and Audit Committee. Elizabeth is also a former National President of CPA Australia and the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and a former member of the Takeovers Panel.
BCom, CA, SF Fin
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
- Craig was appointed Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer on 4 July 2016.
- Prior to joining Medibank, Craig was Group Executive, Finance and Strategy at National Australia Bank (NAB), which he joined in November 2013. His focus was the strategic realignment and repositioning of the bank, its balance sheet and its performance management systems.
- Craig was Chief Executive Officer and Country Head of Bank of America from October 2009.
- Earlier in his career, Craig joined JBWere, a leading Australian stockbroker and wealth manager, in equity research. He subsequently held roles including Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairman.
- Craig is a Board member of the Geelong Football Club Limited, the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, and is a member of the Finance Committee of the Ian Potter Foundation Limited.
Appointed non-executive director: December 2012
- Anna has extensive experience in leadership and public policy, including in the fields of healthcare, finance, infrastructure and project management. Anna is currently the Chief Executive Officer of YWCA NSW and a non-executive director of Bangarra Dance Theatre Australia.
- Anna has held several roles in the Queensland Government, including Premier, Treasurer, Minister for Finance, Minister for State Development, Minister for Trade and Innovation and Minister for Education. She was also a member of the Queensland Cabinet Budget Review Committee for 11 years.
LLB, LLM, GAICD
Appointed non-executive director: March 2014
- He was Chairman of the Privatisation Committee in the lead up to Medibank’s listing.
- David is a highly experienced banking and major projects lawyer with more than 35 years experience. He acted for major banks and corporate clients with Clayton Utz, and was Clayton Utz’s Chief Executive Partner from May 2001 to June 2010.
- David is a director and Chairman of the Audit Committee of The Global Foundation, a director of Hilco Merchant Australia, Hilco Oz and UBS Grocon Real Estate Investment Management.
Dr Cherrell Hirst AO
FTSE, MBBS, BEdSt D. Univ (Hon), FAICD
Appointed non-executive director: December 2009
- Cherrell has practised medicine for 30 years and is a highly experienced company director.
- Cherrell is the Chairman of ImpediMed Ltd and is Interim Chair of Tissue Therapies Ltd. In addition she is a director of RSL Care Ltd, the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service and a private biotechnology company Hatchtech Pty Ltd and chairs the Advisory board of the Institute of Molecular Biosciences at the University of Queensland.
- Cherrell is a former director of Telesso Technologies Limited, Suncorp Group Limited, Avant Mutual Group and Avant Insurance Limited. She was Chancellor of the Queensland University of Technology from 1994 to 2004.
BSc (Hons), FIAA, FAHRI, FAICD
Appointed non-executive director: June 2013
- Chairman of the Investment and Capital Committee.
- Peter worked for AMP for more than 20 years in a wide variety of business and functional roles, including Chief Actuary during its demutualisation and General Manager of Human Resources and Strategy, and as Global Director of Finance and Operations for Henderson Global Investors in the United Kingdom.
- Peter is currently a director of Colonial First State Investments Limited, Colonial Mutual Superannuation and Avanteos Investments Limited, and a member of the compliance committee for CFS Managed Infrastructure.
Linda Bardo Nicholls AO
BA, MBA (Harvard), FAICD
Appointed non-executive director: March 2014
- Chairman of the People and Remuneration Committee.
- Linda has more than 30 years experience as a senior executive and director in banking, insurance and funds management in Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
- Linda is Chairman of Japara Healthcare Limited and a director of Pacific Brands Limited, Fairfax Media Limited, Sigma Pharmaceuticals Limited, and Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute. Linda is also Chairman of KDR Victoria Pty Ltd (Yarra Trams).
- Linda was previously Chairman of Healthscope Limited and of Australia Post, and was a director of St George Bank and Insurance Manufacturers of Australia. Linda was also a member of the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Biomedical Science.
Appointed non-executive director: March 2014
- Chairman of the Audit and Risk Management Committee.
- Christine has more than 30 years of financial and infrastructure experience both in Australia and internationally.
- Christine is currently a director of CSL Limited, Transurban Group, EnergyAustralia and Baker IDI, and is Deputy Chairman of Care Australia.
- Christine was formerly Co-head of Unlisted Infrastructure at Colonial First State Global Asset Management, and prior to that was Chief Executive and director of GasNet Australia Group.
Executive General Manager – People & Culture
- Kylie was appointed Executive General Manager, People & Culture in July 2013.
- Kylie is responsible for leading the key people functions across Medibank including learning and development, talent, capability and culture, performance and reward, shared services, workplace relations and health, safety and wellbeing.
- Kylie formerly held the position of General Manager, Culture, Capability and Communications. Most recently, Kylie was responsible for overseeing the consolidation of six premises in Melbourne into one purpose-built headquarters designed for Better Health. Kylie continues to lead the business in its activity-based work transformation program.
- Prior to joining Medibank in 2010, Kylie held senior positions with National Australia Bank (NAB) and also led a number of human resources consulting teams. A registered psychologist, Kylie began her career in HR consulting, specialising in organisational psychology.
Chief Operating Officer
- David has held the role of Chief Operating Officer since March 2014, and held the role of Acting Chief Executive Officer between April 2016 and June 2016.
- David is responsible for the Health Insurance business which includes Medibank and ahm’s health insurance product portfolio. He is also responsible for Medibank’s Group strategy, brand and marketing, sales and service, consumer businesses and digital transformation.
- Prior to joining Medibank, David was the Group Chief Commercial Officer at Jetstar where he was responsible for all revenue generation, business development and commercial operations for the Jetstar group of airlines, including as a Director of Jetstar Pacific (Vietnam), Jetstar Hong Kong and NewStar (Singapore) JV businesses.
- David has a wealth of commercial and business experience, including previous work in strategy consulting and financial services, and was part of the core team that developed the business case for Jetstar and built it into a successful Pan-Asian business.
Chief Financial Officer
- Paul was appointed Chief Financial Officer in May 2012.
- Paul is responsible for the finance, legal and company secretariat divisions, as well as actuarial, treasury, investor relations, planning, external communication, risk management and assurance functions across Medibank.
- Paul has 25 years experience in the finance industry, including as General Manager of Corporate Finance for Pacific Brands, Chief Financial Officer for the Aluminium and Commercial divisions of BHP Billiton, and Chief Financial Officer of AXA Australia and New Zealand.
Dr Andrew Wilson
Executive General Manager - Provider Networks & Integrated Care
- Andrew was appointed Executive General Manager, Provider Networks & Integrated Care (PNIC) in April 2013.
- Andrew is responsible for provider relationships and contracting, managing claims costs, payment integrity and enhanced care initiatives to support members in primary and community settings. Andrew is also responsible for Medibank’s health solutions business within Complementary Services.
- Andrew has 25 years experience in the health system, and remains a practising clinician and lecturer.
- Andrew was a founder and Co-president of McKesson Asia-Pacific, which was acquired by Medibank in 2010.